Join Jay and Meridel on their synagogue’s annual English Bible Study tour. This year they and 18 others decided to visit the amazing Negev desert for three days and two overnights. The Negev is the only desert in the world that is decreasing in size as the Israeli farmers are busy making “the desert bloom.” To quote Jay, “We especially enjoyed the spring time flora and fauna starting in the Ramon Crater, then at Kibbutz Ketura. There we learned about this unique community that celebrate their Jewish traditions as a great big family of 250 people! There local leaders taught about hearing the “still small Voice” and valuing the desert. We also visited Eilat where we learned the history of Israel’s southern most city surrounded by 3 Arab nations, Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia. It was a very inspiring trip indeed.”
Thank you for your prayers everyday before the sun sets. Please know that on behalf of the Jewish nation and people Jay and I thank you for those faithful prayers that we as a nation LIVE!
Jewish tradition calls for everyone in the Jewish community to be actively involved in “Tikun ha Olam” the Hebrew for “Repairing the World” or in simple terms “Loving your Neighbour as Yourself”
The World Jewish Congress and the Knesset Christian Allies Caucus held their 10th Annual “Night to Honour Christian Leaders” on January 28, 2016 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Jerusalem. This years honourees were Dr Jay Rawlings, “Lifetime Achievement Award” for his 40 years in the media producing more than 130 documentaries about various aspects of Israel and Mr Duke Westover, “The Tourism Award” for bringing 1000’s of Christian pilgrims to the Holy land during 40 years of arranging and hosting Israel tours.
Shalom Dear Friends and Partners,
In a few minutes I will leave our home, just outside Jerusalem to pick up Meridel at the Ben Gurion International Airport near Tel Aviv. She is returning from three weeks in Nepal via Finland.
Daniel, our youngest son and myself were there with her filming our latest documentary called, “You CAN Make a Difference.” This is the “working title” of a TV program exposing “Human Trafficking and Sexual Abuse of Minors” in Asia and the Middle East. It is a $150 billion dollar a year criminal business. You may remember that our eldest son David and is brother Chris started filming this story with Meridel last year.
Over the last 40 years we have been fortunate to be able to give a “voice to the voiceless” in the media by writing, directing an producing over 130 documentaries, mainly about Israel, the Jewish people and their struggle to return to and to restore their ancient “Land of Promise” according to the Word of God. It has been a great privilege.
Of course we would not have been able to do any of this without YOU our faithful partners and supporters. Thank You for listening to His precious “Still Small Voice” that has prompted you to stand along side of us in prayer and finances. It has been a 47 year walk of faith and Praise God, He has never failed. Some of you have been with us since the beginning in 1969.
You may ask, Why did you not return home together with Meridel? The simple answer is that after we booked our tickets, I was informed by the World Jewish Congress and the Knesset Christian Allies Caucus that this year they decided to give me their annual “Lifetime Achievement Award” for our work in the Media educating a global audience about Israel’s historic and biblical cause. The award ceremony was on January 28th and previously we were scheduled to return on January 29th. So I changed my ticket to get me back to Israel by January 27th/2016. Thankfully our sons David and Josh and granddaughter Maya accompanied me to the gala reception and dinner in the posh new Waldorf Astoria Hotel.
The event was attended by many dignitaries, including the Chairman and the CEO of the World Jewish Congress – Israel, which represents all Jewish organizations in the world. Also in attendance were several Members of Knesset, and the former Israeli Ambassador to the USA, Mr Michael Oren, and many Christian Zionist leaders.
As I mentioned in my remarks following the award ceremony, “any award like this is not the product of one person’s life but is a team effort, or should I say a family effort.”
You, our faithful partners of many years, are the behind the scenes driving force that makes such achievements possible. I publicly thanked you in my speech. Also, I had to thank all the Israeli’s we have interviewed over the last 4 decades, for their invaluable contribution to Israel’s story. In fact we have been granted access to some of the most amazing and heroic people simply because of the camera. What a joy it is to report to you that we have, by God’s grace, documented people, places and events during more than half of the years of Israel existence as a newborn State.
Together please join us in giving thanks to the Holy One of Israel. Can you say “Amen”?
May the Lord bless and strengthen you wherever you are around the world.
Sincerely in Him,
and with our love,
Jay and Meridel and sons and team.
“We, the Rawlings family will follow you to the ends of the earth!”
Daniel, Josh, Chris, David and Meridel
On January 28th Dr. Jay Rawlings received a “Life Time Achievement Award” from the World Jewish Congress and the Christian Allies Caucaus during a dinner at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Jerusalem.
David and Joshua and granddaughter Maya were in attendance. Meridel will be in New Delhi India on the last leg of her Nepal journey and Daniel continues his filming work in Nepal.
Find more photos on Facebook.
Also read “WJC, Knesset caucus honor Christian leaders Jay Rawlings, Duke Westover for their steadfast commitment to Israel” by World Jewish Congress.
Nepal is in crisis after the earthquake in April 2015 and now with the Indian economic embargo. Victims are still eeking out an existence in tents. Water lines have never been restored Child trafficking is at the highest levels ever… and gasoline is at a premium as it is trucked in from India. The black market flourishes.
We have threats, dangers, sorrow but double JOY!
Adi Gordon Rawlings inspired and choreographed this music dance. Adi is David’d wife and mother of Amitai and Liyah Rawlings. She has inspired thousands of young people “to dance for JOY!”
Dear Family and Precious Friends,
Merry Christmas and a blessed anointed, healthy and prosperous New Year.
I had so much fun & frustration- ;-) making this collage. Josh came to my rescue.
Coming up 48 years of marriage, Jay and l have grown to include:
David, Adi, Amitai 15, studying film making in the Jerusalem Art school and Liyah 11, visiting family in Helsinki for Christmas.
Chris, Terhi, Noam 16, singing in Cantores Minores, the national Finnish boys choir, Youni & Liam 9 year old twins – packets of endless energy.
Joshua, and daughters Maya 15, Sophia 12 and Cecilie 10. They have moved to London. :-(
Maya will complete her school year here in Israel. Then she is one of only 20 applicants accepted, out of 100’s,
into a “prestigious art school in London for September 2016. To quote Maya, “My Dad is my hero.”
Daniel, continues to make TV shows and helps us to “get up to speed” here in Jerusalem.
Nepal. Jan 10th 2016, Jay, Daniel and I (DV) fly to Kathmandu Nepal to complete work on our film expose on child trafficking. Seeing is believing. We work and pray to make a difference! Please join us. Thanks.
That’s our story and its all for His glory!
Love one another into the most exciting year of your lives for 2016!!
Meridel and Men.
This video is not professional and Hebrew is spoken.
Only the first portion has English subtitles, Nathan a 15 year old Israeli who had a near death experience in the Shara Tzedek Hospital in Jerusalem.
It was on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles in October 2015.
Nathan comes from a secular background and knew nothing of the prophets scriptures written by his own prophets. Here are the main points:
- Natan felt extremely ill with chills and ‘coldness’ possessed his body. While in the hospital,
he shook and was filled with pain. Suddenly he found himself hovering over his body 6 feet in the air.
- He kept rising and rising until he could see the whole earth and eventually was lead to a tunnel.
- He was drawn to a light that filled him with a sense of love and security. He can’t find words to properly explain how amazing it was.
(His whole life was played before him, there were no secrets. He talks about the extreme importance of ‘acts of loving kindness’. Go to 27:30 to hear what he says regarding the Messiah and Gog and Magog.
- The Messiah he said is already here and is very well known! People will be very very surprised. His is a Baal Tshuva, that is a Jew who has returned to faith in the LORD God of Israel. He also helps others to return to the LORD.
- The war of Gog and Magog started on the 27th of Elul the 11th of September 2015, and it will get much worse in the weeks or months to come.
- There will World War 111, which will eventually lead the nations of the world to unite and attack Israel and Jerusalem.
See Revelation 9:14,15 …”Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates. So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and monh and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.” America entered this war with Saddam Hussein and it has never ended… and has been heating up ever since. The war will burst forth along the Euphrates River. (Turkey, Syria, Iraq bordering Iran).
- The leader of the free world is know in heaven as Gog. Gog is none other than… Barak Hussain Obama.
- The whole war will last a short time.
- The Jews who did not keep Torah and Mitzvot (good deeds) will die. “Faith by itself, if it does not have works is dead.” James 2:17
- Tzahal will last only two days. Secular zionism (the flag, yom ha’atmaut) carries no merit.
- The Mount of Olives will split into two and the Messiah will be revealed. He will have the ability to know who is a real God fearing Jew and who is not.
- Messiah will fight against Gog and kill him. Gog will be buried in Israel.
- During the war, two Atomic bombs will be shot at Israel and Hashem (The LORD God of Israel) will suspend them in the air for two weeks.
- Israel will be captured but the worthy will survive in Jerusalem.
- The Messiah will wear a garment that is stained in blood. The blood symbolizes all the Jews who were martyred for the Name of God. The Messiah will judge the nations of the world who have oppressed His people throughout the years.
- It will take a long time to bury all the dead. “For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land.” Ezekiel 39:12
- Only those with real ‘repentant’ hearts will survive.
- They will inherit the highest level of heaven.
- The Beit Hamikdash – The Holy Temple of God will descend from heaven and there will be a resurrection of the dead. (This will take time and not happen immediately).