Welcome to the 2018 Annual Feast of Tabernacles, Christian Celebration, in Jerusalem. While watching you will be able to participate in the Jerusalem March along with 6500 visitors from 100 nations. Many waved their flags while wearing their national colors and sounding their national instruments.
You can also witness the “Israeli Guest Evening” when many Holocaust survivors enjoyed the international dancers and local Israeli music. They heard and saw the inspirational reports about the work of the host organization, The International Christian Embassy – Jerusalem. You will be blessed for sure.
An Israel Vision production
Dear Friends and Partners
Last week I made some long distance phone calls to our friends and partners in Canada and the USA, HOPING to raise support. We did have fellowship, I prayed for each one~But~I was shocked and saddened at how many were in a health crisis and in desperate need of prayer for their physical conditions. What is happening to our army of helpers?
Many of our long-term prayer partners were nearly incapacitated. This made me realize two things. First that we must keep up our morning prayer watch for these sickly saints to be made well. Second, we must reach and inspire the younger generation to partner in our faith-based media work.
For forty-nine years, Meridel, myself, our sons and co-workers have done our very best to publish the “Good News” from Zion to a worldwide audience.
Yes, we have regularly changed our format from 16mm film to various video standards to now “digital” materials on the Internet. We must make these changes to keep current. Thank God we still have the same message.
“TO TELL THE TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD CONCERNING ISRAEL TODAY.
HELP US TO SHINE THE LIGHT OF BIBLE PROPHECY INTO OUR DARK WORLD.
TO ACHIEVE THIS WE HAVE CREATED THE JERUSALEM VISTAS ONLINE LEARNING CENTRE.
Our sons are busy creating programming for the younger generation. It’s time!
Each program will feature GEMS of Biblical truth in the background of the folly of ‘fake news’. We will separate the facts from the fantasy. You can make it possible for our team to film on location in ISRAEL and GREECE. These topical, snappy and easy to digest portions are for the internet and social media that aim to educate and inspire!
YOU CAN BE a part of this new venture! What topics would you like us to highlight? You can help to sponsor us~see below for how you can join. Summer is brutally hot here in the Middle East and the crops could not survive without the dew. Likewise, we need daily, weekly, and monthly “dew” support to keep our studio up and running in this “dry season”.
The budget for this project is $50,000. We have just received a $5,000 gift toward it. Praise God!
Please take a few minutes right now to send your gift and become a JVOLC Sponsor! We Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Together we can move forward!
For out of Zion shall go forth the Teaching (Torah)
and the Word of the Lord from Jerusalem…Isaiah 2:3b
Thank You, In His love, Jay and Meridel, and sons
Here’s How You can become a Jerusalem Vistas Online Learning Centre~JVOLC Sponsor.
1) Safely donate via PayPal using the Donate button at http://israelvision.com/get-involved/donations/
*PayPal accepts all major credit cards
2) Send a cheque (or post-dated cheques–many people choose to send 6 or12 at a time)
* Please make all Cheques Payable To: Jerusalem Vistas
* Our Mailing address is at the bottom of this message
3) Authorize us to debit your Credit Card either for a single gift or monthly. To do this we would need the following information:
– Your name as it appears on the card
– The card number (16 digits)
– The card expiry date (mm/yy)
* The amount to be deducted & number of times (eg. One Time Only or a specified period)
*You may send the information to this email address ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with a statement authorized us to make the transaction; or if you prefer, send via post
We send you the original Credit Card Transaction slip with a tax receipt. All information is confidential and only used as per your directions.
Our Postal Address is:
PO Box 40101
Mevasseret Zion, 9080500, Israel
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your prayers and financial contributions. It has been put into the ‘pot’ to help keep our doors open and the work going forward. Here are some pointers to encourage you in prayer for us. The time is grave and growing ever more so… and we have to daily submit our hearts to Jesus. I told Jay, I feel like a leaf trembling on the end of a branch. But God…! We have learned to encourage ourselves in Him day after day.
Kindly join Jay and I in this prayer for our four sons all working in Media: David 48 yrs, Christian 46, Joshua 42 and Daniel 31. They have been a tremendous blessing to us over these many years, but we sense the Holy Spirit wants to loose them for even greater service. We pray: Sanctify them – purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy – by the Truth. Your Word is Truth. Just as you sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.” John 17:17, 18.
Ministry Goals for 2018:
Well the LORD IS ON THE MOVE! When we grow weary He brings strength from most
unexpected quarters, for which we are daily grateful.
1. Our film on Human Trafficking and Sexual Abuse Change Action Nepal has been translated into German; for Germany and Switzerland, the cost donated by a Swiss friend.
2. This film has also just been synchronised into Spanish by a dear friend who gave us the best price for his work. We have given a Pastor in Guatemala our release for multiple televised showings out to his 11 million viewers. We spent years in South America in the 70’s and since then have prayed these many years for our work to go out in Spanish.
3. We have just released a video on our web sites and blog about the situation in Gaza. It is very topical with the current unrest and rocket attacks. Iran stands in the shadow of terror.
4. Our son Josh is moving up to Jerusalem from Jaffa. He and Daniel, our camera man-editor are excited to finally be setting up Israel Vision’s brand new television studio. This is a new day! Josh is a professional in many aspects of media, currently working for ‘start ups’ in Tel Aviv. I quote him: “Dad, I have made a lot of people wealthy, now I am going to devote part of each day to promote Israel Vision and Still Small Voice projects for they really count.”
5. CAN – Change Action Nepal is finally incorporated provincially and federally in Canada. Our lawyer has a special love for Nepal and is donating her expertise. She has guided us through all of the legal process and is now willing to serve on the Board.
6. This year, our team will concentrate on producing topical video updates for our viewers, right here within our own studio in Israel. We will continue to educate concerning the importance of Israel. Israel is not a political issue… it is actually a Biblical issue for ALL peoples, whether they believe the Bible or not. We are watching horrified as anti-Semitism explodes to pre WW11 levels. So to we see the onslaught against Christians globally. God is calling out: “WHO is on the LORD”S side?” Lets allow HIM to move us and lead us in 2018!
7. I, Meridel am completing my latest book entitled “Erasing Indelible Stains”… I lay bare the depths of what INIQUITY is and how this mysterious force affects our generations. I paint an in depth portrait of the horrors of sexual abuse within the frame work of so called ‘normal life’. I systematically dissect this crippling disease and do my best to tenderly and carefully walk my reader through the delicate deliverance and healing processes.
8. Jay and team are completing a film he directed and Daniel shot in December. Tracey is a British woman who rides her horses by faith. This time she rode her faithful steeds from Northern Israel up into Jerusalem and as far south as the Ramon Crater. On camera, she shares the history of Israel that she learns from locals along her route.
9. The Heart of God at Work in Israel Today: is an in depth look at the outreaches going on to the needy from within the Messianic Community here in Israel, be they Jews, Arabs, Ethiopians Refugees. We completed the film in Dec and Jay is now helping the producers introduce it into Canada. Our mandate has always been to seek the Kingdom of God as we love to film the work for other ministries in the land as well as our own. Meridel and Daniel are in prayer about going to Dallas Texas to TD Jakes Pastors and Leaders Conference this April 17th to 21st. We don’t want to miss anything God has for us. We do understand that we need to move with the times. We hesitate only because of the expense; but it is vital for us all to be strengthened. I, Meridel would be so happy if Josh could free himself to go in my place. Mention this in your prayers please. Your caring, praying and giving to us over the coming year will enable us to continue to work to bring forth this mystery of the Kingdom of God on earth. My family joins in with heart felt thanks for your support.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven this 2018.
In spite of her neighbours with their ongoing lies and continuous attacks, paradoxically, Israel IS Noah’s Arc for Jews according to the Almighty. They began to return home in the 1880’s. No nation wanted Jews. If you doubt this, do a little checking, (Canada included!) The situation only grew worse during WWII. Poor Jews returned to Biblical Zion with weeping weakened by disease and malnutrition just as the Prophets perceived and faithfully penned. This is what makes Israel absolutely unique! Oh, how we love to work to encourage any we meet, to come and take their rightful place here in history…this has always been an underlying goal of our original call, which sent us to Jewish Communities world wide.
Anyone who has lived in Israel can attest to the fact that the rents and cost of living are extremely high, and wages are low. Compared to the USA, we pay 23% more in our “cost of living index”. At the same time, the wages are disgracefully low…so low in fact that a large sector of society can barely afford to rent the meanest of places. The idea of owning an apartment is now, “pie in the sky”, to say nothing of ever owning a house.
To buy a very small apartment will cost about 1.5 to 2 million shekels (between 4-5 hundred thousand dollars). The banks do not give mortgages easily. You must have at least 25% down, and an income of about 20,000 shekels per month, (US 6,000). The long and short of it is: most ordinary people barely earn above minimum wage of 5,000 shekels or US 1,500 dollars per month.
As for rentals, if you live around Jerusalem you will be lucky to find something for under 5,000 shekels (about $1,500)per month. In Israel you must also add property taxes (yes, the renter pays the taxes), building upkeep, and Insurance in addition to the on going monthly expenses of electricity, water, gas and phone/internet/cable. All this for a tiny place with no closets, cupboards, appliances and in most cases no light fixtures. Of course, there are always “good deals”but they are few and far in between and there will be dozens of people wanting them. No wonder people are up in arms. We are a hungry country with 1 in 3 children in Israel living in poverty. Can you believe that? Its a shocker!
So…in frustration and desperation people set up tents and protest. Today, almost seven years on we must ask, “are things any better?” To be honest, there have been improvements for the disabled which everyone is happy about, but the high cost of living~as in most countries~continues and more and more Israelis are falling through the cracks.
This is the time of year when one stops to reflect on the last 12 months and to look forward to the next 365 days – by faith.
We as a team are very thankful for all the Miracles that the Lord gave us last year. We heard from many of you and for that we are grateful. Thanks for sharing with us your needs, your hopes and dreams and of your triumphs and victories and your love gifts.
Many of you have asked about my health. I am so very glad to report – victory.
I just had an Echogram and my heart is beating normally and the blood is moving through my heart in the right direction. Praise God. I also took a “stress test” and that also turned out very well too.
My cardiologists are happy with my progress. Thank God forevermore. I sincerely appreciate your prayers and your words of encouragement.
Meridel has been an outstanding “woman of valor” and “her children and grandchildren rise up and call her blessed.” Proverbs 31: 10-31 After Yeshua she is my best gift from my Heavenly Father.
Here in Israel we are surrounded by those who call for our demise. However we are so glad for His promises that say they are eternal and are for both now and forevermore. The Scriptures says that, “the eyes of the Lord are continually on Israel from the rising of the sun to the going down thereof.” Not one of His good promises will fail. Amen and Amen!
Thank God we were able to complete 2 full length movies, called “Keys to Success” and “The Heart of God – at Work in the Holy Land.” We also finished 2 anniversary specials. First in July, 2017 on the “Seventy Years since the Exodus
” and secondly just today, “One Hundred Years since General Allenby Liberated Jerusalem.”
Both of these are available on our Israel Vision website and Blogspot.
We are ever grateful for YOU our precious supporters that enable us to publish the Word of God out from Jerusalem to a worldwide audience.
May God Richly Bless you is our prayer.
100 years ago, on 11th December 1917, General Edmund Allenby, entered Jerusalem on foot, out of respect for the status of Jerusalem as the Holy City important to Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Now, in 2017 a re-enactment of that historic day took place at Jaffa Gate, of the Old City of Jerusalem. Jay and Meridel Rawlings join the hosts of people including Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat and the great, great nephew of General Allenby, Viscount Henry J. H. Allenby